The Curonian spit.

66. päev. Juodkrantė – Klaipėda.

SEE Vaatamisväärsused

Dendrological Trail (Bloksberg Promenade)

Built in the 19th century, this promenade is the favorite spot for long walks in the historic resort town of Juodkrantė. The pathway has retained its name of Dendrological Trail due to the variety of non-local plants.

Sound Catcher

Forget your daily troubles and spend a minute or two listening to the sounds of the forest with the help of a sound catcher placed in the old forest of Juodkrantė.

Bloksberg (Witch’s) Hill

This is a place of legends and mysticism. Long ago, the entire Curonian Spit could be seen from atop of this hill. The Lighthouse of Juodkrantė stands here now.

Amber Gulf

Amber was excavated here in the 19th century.

Alksnynė Defense Complex

This Defense Complex was built by the Germans to defend the City of Klaipėda against the Soviet artillery and air raids during the Second World War.

Kiaulės Nugara Island and Independence

Kiaulės Nugara is the only island in the Curonian Spit. In 2014, the Independence LNG carrier was moored to the island.

Sea Museum

The museum is located in Kopgalis Fortress and has a large exhibition on the Baltic and other sea creatures.

Former Klaipėda Keep

The history of the City of Klaipėda began here in 1252. Historical exhibitions can be visited in the dungeons of the keep.

Klaipėda Old Town

Timber framed houses and the defensive fortifications dating back to the 17th-18th century are the highlights of the Old Town of Klaipėda.

Birža Bridge and the Meridian

This wooden sailing ship has already become a symbol of the City of Klaipėda.